Members of the Social Security System (SSS) can have the option of applying for a Unified Multipurpose Identification or SSS UMID Card. As its name implies, this ID serves multiple purposes and so it isn’t exclusively for SSS use. It is also an all-in-one identification card for other agencies such as GSIS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG.
This means transacting with various government agencies would be much easier with the use of a UMID Card. Of course, it is also considered as a valid ID card in the Philippines so you can likewise use it for other purposes.
Requirements for SSS UMID Card Application
Interested individuals who want to apply for SSS UMID Card should visit SSS because they are the agency tasked to implement the ID system.
1. Just go to a nearby SSS office and ask about UMID enrollment. You will then be asked to fill up the Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) Card Application Form. Be prepared to provide personal information such as your full name, SS Number, birth date, TIN, and complete home address.
2. Be sure to bring photocopies of a primary valid ID such as your passport, driver’s license, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card, or Seaman’s Book (Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book).
3. Also, make sure that you still do not have an existing SS ID/UMID card and that you have at least a one-month contribution and a valid coverage date.
4. The SSS staff will then verify your application and you will be instructed to have your photo taken at the ID booth, along with your fingerprint scanning and electronic signature.
5. The UMID card will be mailed to your specified address so make sure that you provide correct, complete details. Usually, it takes at least a month or two before you can receive it.
Once you get the card, go to your SSS branch or UMID kiosk for card validation and activation. You can then start using your card.