Kindly read carefully so that you can follow the procedure and requirements on how to apply for TESDA assessment and certification.

Individuals who want to take advantage of the TESDA assessment and certification for regular qualifications should take note of the following information:

New Applicants for TESDA Assessment and Certification

If you are a new applicant, your first step should be to visit any TESDA Accredited Assessment Center/TESDA District or Provincial Office in your area so you can apply for assessment.
Be sure to bring these requirements:

  • A completed Application Form
  • A completed Self-Assessment Guide of your chosen qualification
  • 3 colored passport-sized pictures

Next, go to the Assessment Center Cashier and pay the Assessment Fee. Get the Official Receipt and Admission Slip. Remember that you will need to bring the Admission Slip on the appointed date and venue of your assessment.

While at the Assessment Center, claim the Competency Assessment Result Summary (CARS). If you’ve passed, you can then apply for certification at the designated TESDA District/Provincial Office.
Assessment passers can then obtain their National Certificate (NC)/Certificate of Competency (COC) within 7 working days after application.

Usually, NC/COC is only released to the applicant but should you need to ask a representative to claim it in your behalf, be prepared to submit a Special power of Attorney (SPA). If you are claiming a COC by yourself, bring your Assessment Results (CARS), Official Receipt, and a valid ID.

Renewal / Revalidation for TESDA Assessment and Certification

For renewal and revalidation, you should likewise go to the TESDA District/Provincial Office where your NC/COC was initially issued.
Bring the following documents:

  • A completed Application Form
  • Original copy of NC/COC
  • 3 colored passport-sized pictures
  • Certificate of work and/or teaching experience during the past 12 months during the NC/COC’s validity. It should likewise be signed by the employer or school administrator.

Next, go to the Assessment Center Cashier, pay the renewal fee, and get the Official Receipt. After that, you should claim your NC/COC at the date mentioned by the issuing office.

Other Cases:

In case you lost your NC/COC, go to the TESDA issuing office and apply for a replacement.
The requirements for this would be a Letter of Request, a notarized Affidavit of Loss and1 colored passport-sized picture. After submission, you will then be informed about when you can claim the NC/COC.

Those with damaged NC/COCs should bring the same requirements except Affidavit of Loss. Instead, they need to bring their original NC/COC.

If there is a typographical error in your NC/COC, you also need to submit a Letter of Request, 1 colored passport-sized picture, the original copy of your NC/COC and a certified photocopy of your Passport or Birth Certificate.