The most used part of the corn is of course its kernel because this is the part that people eat. Its corn hair or corn silk is the part that resembles fine and golden threads depending on what kind of corn it is. It’s also a neglected part of the corn but this has health benefits that you may want to know.
11 Health Benefits of Corn Hair or Corn Silk:
- Helps promote proper function of the kidney. It helps in preventing kidney stone formation and encourages proper flow of urine in the body.
- It can cure UTI or Urinary tract Infection which is an infection in the excretory system.
- It helps combat prostate canc3r.
- Corn hair can prevent or cure high blood pressure or hypertension
- Prevents or cures arthritis, rheumatism and muscle pain.
- It can prevent blockage in the arteries and veins which in turn can prevent stroke or heart attack.
- It can manage blood sugar which can be a cause for stroke.
- It can prevent high cholesterol levels which may result to stroke.
- It can boost immunity to illnesses making the body stronger.
- It can prevent obesity or weight gain.
- It can promote youthful skin glow.
How to make corn silk or hair tea?
- Corn hair/silk
- Gather all the ingredients for your tea
- Turn on the stove and put the water and corn hair
- Let it boil and wait a couple of minutes to let it cook and for the water to absorb the nutrients
- Turn off the stove and let the water steep
- Strain the mixture and transfer to mugs and consume
Corn Hair Tea Recipe No. 2
- Corn hair/silk
- Raw honey
- Cut the corn hair finely and transfer to a pot together with water
- Don’t put cover and place it out in the sun for one whole day
- Get the mixture at night and strain it
- You can now drink the healthy mixture