Sometimes, you just have to check in your kitchen to find the remedy for any illness that you are experiencing. This is to avoid the bad side effects of over the counter prescription drugs. You can try something natural not only to save on the budget but to save your health and life as well.
You may have noticed that lemon water has become very famous lately and this is because people have learned about the many benefits that it can bring in your body. Lemon is a fruit that’s packed with lots of vitamins and minerals and it will be a very effective treatment in your health needs. It is very rich in Vitamin C, which is about 187% of your daily need. It is also loaded with Vitamin B6, folate, potassium, calcium, thiamine, pantothenic acid, iron, magnesium and riboflavin.
Ingredients of lemon water;
- Warm water – 1 litre
- Organic lemon – 1 to 1 ½ pcs
- Ginger root (optional and as you desire)
- Put warm water in a one litre jug.
- Cut lemon in two then squeeze into the warm water
- If you’re using ginger root, slice it then add into the water.
The best time to drink lemon water is in the morning right after you wake up. It should be while your stomach is still empty. Why? It’s because you lose a lot of water during sleep because of breathing and since your stomach is still empty, the vitamins and minerals of lemon will be absorbed easier. In this way, the benefits will be easily distributed.
These are the ten reasons why you should drink lemon water;
1. It helps improve digestion and regulates the bowel movement. It helps in the production of enzyme in the gut which in turn aids the stomach for proper digestion.
2. Helps lose weight through its pectin fibers component. Pectin is a soluble fiber that helps in the easy digestion of your food intake especially the fatty ones.
3. It helps eliminate bad breath. Lemon contains citric acid and this stimulates the gums. It will also keep your breath smelling fresh because of the wonderful flavor of Lemon. It can also help toothache disappear.
4. It helps balance the ph level of the body. Lemon’s natural state is about 2 ph thus neutralizing the ph levels. Since it alkalizes the body, it will be very effective in preventing cancer from growing inside your body.
5. Being very rich in vitamin C, it helps make the skin clean and clear. Vitamin C is very good for the skin and in fact, it also helps in making wounds heal fast.
6. It increases the body’s energy and also helps in fighting off anxiety and depression. Lemon water creates pure energy in the body by oxygenation and hydration. With this, it then allows you to have mental clarity.
7. It is also very effective in boosting the immune system because of its potassium, folate, and vitamins C content thus allowing your body to fight off bacteria and infection.
8. It helps control high blood pressure. Lemon makes the blood vessels soft thus decreasing blood pressure. Since it acts as an anti-oxidant, it helps the body to flush out the free radicals. It also helps lower the blood cholesterol levels; high cholesterol being one of the causes of high blood pressure.
9. It helps clean the urinary tract because lemon can act as a diuretic and helps flush out the toxins in the body.
10. It also helps cure throat infections like tonsillitis and sore throat because it has an anti-bacterial property.